The Student News Site of South Texas BETA

The Yacqui Animal Rescue Shelter Seeks Donations

April 13, 2018

Courtesy of Petfinder

The Yacqui Animal Rescue Shelter is a non-profit, non-kill organization based in Sullivan City, TX.  Currently, Yacqui representatives are currently welcoming donations ranging from dog food, cat food, cat litter, and  laundry detergent. All donations help to keep maintenance around the ranch.

Inside the facilities there are various canine cages, a cat barn, chicken coops, and a pig pen. The canine facility has multiple cages set up with enough space for the dogs to stretch and play in. In addition to Yacqui staff, various volunteers lend their support to the non-profit by either socializing with the animals, or taking them out for a walk/jog.

The shelter accepts and rescues animals from all circumstances, because of that many of the dogs have suffered abuse and have multiple injuries. These wounds varied from a dog being paraplegic to another having multiple scars across his face. Even though all they’ve suffered, those dogs are still as lovable, adorable, and energetic as can be.

The management in charge of the ranch is constantly scheduling large parties to come and volunteer at the shelter, which also serves to bring awareness. If interested in volunteering, all one has to do is visit their online web-page and get in contact with the ranch manger. They are incredibly welcoming people who are devoted to their jobs and it is apparent to all peoples that they care a great deal about the animals, and are constantly working their hardest to provide the best environment for them. Overall it is a great volunteering/learning experience especially seeing as it brings awareness to one of the few non-kill shelters in the Rio Grande Valley.